Arkansas

I live in Northwest Arkansas; I’ve lived here my whole life, but I can’t say I have any passion for the state, which makes it hard to be excited about writing this article.

The weather is always terrible; it is the land of miserably hot and miserably cold. There’s probably two weeks out of the year where it’s decent. (And my mom wonders why I stay inside and play Xbox.)

Arkansas used to be the “land of opportunity,” but all the opportunity dried up after the united corporations of America took over, which some of them are headquartered here, i.e. Walmart and Tyson foods. Now, Arkansas is called “the natural state.” However, with all of waste from the poultry industry and chemicals used on our crops, I hardly think that is appropriate either.

Some famous people that have been born here include: Conway Twitty, Johnny Cash, Billy Bob Thorton, John Grisham, and Jerry Van Dyke. Bill Clinton was born and governed here before becoming president, ruining our country with NAFTA.

Some interesting places (if you’re interested in natural exploration) include: Eureka Springs, Blanchard Springs Caverns, Mystic Caverns, and Devil’s Den. Also, if you really want to, you can go to our diamond mine, the only public one in the world.

Other things: We host Bikes, Blues, and BBQ. The “Trout Capitol of the World” is in Cotter, Arkansas. Last and also least: Our football team, the Razorbacks, is very big here.

2 comments

1. Thanks for this great post, GhostSoldier. The information certainly helped me with some of the questions on your mum’s quiz about Arkansas.